Hey guys! I know I know, it’s been a few months since I’ve last updated my blog. But I’m back now, and I have a great recipe to share :)
If you’re from Toronto, then you wouldn’t not know about the famous Uncle Tetsu that’s simply killing it right now. I think they have around 5 locations now, and they ain’t stopping any time soon. I’ve tried their original cheesecake but not their matcha version. My mom asked me to make a matcha cheesecake for her since she loves how light and fluffy it is, and therefore it’s my duty to do so ;)
Let me know how it goes if you decide to try this recipe out!
100g cream cheese, softened
15g unsalted butter, room temperature
50g of 2% milk
1 tspn lemon juice
40g cake flour
5g matcha powder
dash of salt
3 large egg yolks
3 large egg whites
80g granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 320F.
2. In a double boiler, heat butter, cream cheese and milk together. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature before using.
3. Fold in the lemon juice, egg yolks, flour, matcha, and salt.
4. Whisk egg whites at low speed until frothy. Gradually add the sugar. Increase speed to medium and whisk until soft speaks form.
5. In thirds, fold meringue into batter with a spatula.
6. Pour batter into a 7″ cake pan and line the pan with parchment paper (bottom and sides). Wrap bottom of cake pan with foil and place it into a water bath.
7. Bake for 45min.
8. Allow cake to cool inside oven with door slightly open.
9. You may serve warm or cold.