Since it’s fall and we see pumpkin spice in anything and everything we go, here’s a pumpkin spice macaron recipe for you :D Admittedly I’m not a huge of fan of spices, but I find that when it comes to macarons, the spices balance out the sweetness in the white chocolate ganache very well. I sprinkled some spices on top of the shell just to add to the theme :)
100g white couverture chocolate
75 whipping cream
1/3 tspn ground cinnamon
1/3 tspn ground ginger
1/3 tspn ground cardamon
1/4 tspn ground nutmeg
1/4 tspn ground cloves
1. Completely melt the white chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 35 second intervals. Stir the chocolate after everytime.
2. Meanwhile, bring the whipping cream with the spices to a simmer.
3. Pour the cream into the white chocolate and stir until well incorporated.
4. Let it set in the fridge.
5. When ready to use, whip the ganache until pipable consistency.