I’m all for baking cute things. I purchased these Japanese character cookie cutters online and made orange shortbread cookies with them. The cookie dough is really easy to work with as it doesn’t stick to the rolling pin and the cookie cut outs don’t need to be refrigerated before baking them. I got this recipe from my coworker and now sharing it with you guys :)
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
4. Gradually add the flour with the salt and mix until combined.
5. Flour your working station’s surface and roll the cookie dough until 1/4″ thick.
6. Bake at 300F for 12 minutes.