I like to add asian flavours to my baking, and biscotti is not an exception. I don’t remember where I got the base recipe from, but I’ve made it so many times that I’ve already memorized it. I substituted some of the all-purpose flour with green tea powder as well as a cup of white chocolate chips to balance out the bitterness.
425g all-purpose flour
25g green tea powder
15g baking powder
200g granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, add the flour, green tea powder, and baking powder. Using a hand whisk, mix the ingredients together.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Using a paddle attachment, mix until well combined.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture until just incorporated.
4. Add the white chocolate chips and mix until well distributed.
5. Divide the dough into 2 logs on a floured surface. Shape the logs into 4x7x0.5″ blocks.
6. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then slice them. Flip each piece on their side and bake for another 6 minutes.
8. After 6 minutes, flip the biscotti onto their other side and baking for another 6 minutes.