I don’t bake muffins often. In fact, this was only my second time baking them :) I think that banana & chocolate go together really well, and that chocolate makes everything taste that much better!
This recipe is fantastic and the muffins are moist. I will definitely add this one to my collection.
makes around 10 muffins
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
1½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
2. Whisk egg, mashed banana and melted butter in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to banana mixture and stir just until moistened.
4. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan (makes 10-12 muffins, depending how big your bananas were. Fill muffin cups almost to the brim and see how far the batter goes). Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over muffins.
5. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until tops are browned and toothpick comes out clean.
:: recipe adapted from here